|Title:||Estimating & Purchasing Specialist|
|Department:||West Homestead, PA - Procurement & Inside Sales|
The Estimating & Purchasing Specialist is a member of the Customer Service Team that supports its Mill, Service Center and Scrap & Recycling product sales. This position is located in West Homestead, Pennsylvania.
This position is responsible for performing the timely and accurate generation of customer proposals. This position is also responsible for the development of engineering cost estimates and the associated tools to facilitate the proposal generation process. The Estimating & Purchasing Specialist collaborates with ASKO’s Sales Directors, Sales Engineers, and the Sr. Proposal Engineer to understand the customer’s needs and create and articulate the value proposition for each product segment.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Review inquiries submitted by customers, sales department staff, distributors, and agents and assure inquiries contain adequate description of the varying facts and circumstances that describe the product and the environment that the product will encounter in service.
• Create proposals by analyzing and interpreting data and making deductions from the varying facts and circumstances as to the customer’s need.
• Read and interpret engineering drawings to develop manufacturing cost estimates to validate order routings and to facilitate the determination of product pricing
• Acquire, maintain, and use knowledge regarding market conditions and competitive situations; integrate knowledge into cost estimates and pricing strategies
• Collaborate with Proposal Team and Manager, Inside Sales by presenting recommendations to implement pricing strategy
• Bachelors degree, preferably a business, supply chain or technical degree and/or similar prior experience.
• A positive attitude and an ability to work with a sense of urgency to satisfy customer expectations
Skills and Abilities:
• Passionate, energetic, achievement oriented personality
• Read and interpret drawings with graphic projections and three-dimensional projections
• Thorough understanding of geometric and dimensional tolerances as applied to drawings and shop work
• Know, or be able to learn, estimating techniques and methods in a machine shop environment
• Outstanding computer skills including proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Proficiency working with Syteline or ERP/MRP systems
• Knowledge of estimating and quoting procedures
• Knowledge of, or ability to learn about machining and grinding as applicable to ASKO products
• Communicate effectively in writing and on the phone with a wide variety of people such as purchasing agents, expediters, customer operations and engineering staff, shop supervision, hourly employees and ASKO management
• Occasionally travel to customer sites and trade show exhibitions and to represent the company and its interests on those visits
• Demonstrate sound business judgment, recognizing the balance between achieving sales volume targets and maintaining or increasing margins
• Prioritize, organize, and execute multiple assignments
• Work as part of a team to maximize customer satisfaction
• Superior attention to detail
• Ability to work overtime as required to achieve customer expected service levels
• Positive attitude, ethics, and international values which support our company's values and a healthy, high performance culture.