|Title:||Inside Sales Specialist|
|Department:||West Homestead, PA - Procurement & Inside Sales|
ASKO, Inc. is seeking an Inside Sales Specialist. The Inside Sales Specialist is a member of the Inside Sales/Customer Service Team. This role has the primary responsibility to support ASKO’s scrap and recycling customers as well as the associated products. The role also assists with supporting ASKO’s Steel Mill and Steel Service Center Customers. This position is located in West Homestead, Pennsylvania.
The Inside Sales Specialist performs quoting, order entry, and customer order follow up. The Inside Sales Specialist also performs customer order solicitation through telephone calls. The Inside Sales Specialist will develop, manage, and maintain strong working relationships with customers, sales engineers, and internal stakeholders. The execution of the Inside Sales Specialist’s daily activities will result in achieving ASKO profitability objectives and total customer satisfaction.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Answer and address calls from customers inquiring for ASKO’s scrap and recycling products.
- Provide verbal and written quotations to customers.
- Process customer orders and provide order status updates to customers.
- Coordinate fulfillment of customer orders with manufacturing plant.
- Maintain product price lists and recommend product price changes; implement price changes after approval.
- Perform outbound sales through initiating phone contact with customers.
- Review inquiries submitted by customers, sales department staff, distributors, and agents and assure inquiries contain adequate description of the varying facts and circumstances that describe the product and the environment that the product will encounter in service.
- Create proposals by analyzing and interpreting data and making deductions from the varying facts and circumstances as to the customer’s need.
- Exercise judgment and discretion in preparation of commercial proposals.
- Acquire, apply, and maintain knowledge of ASKO’s scrap and recycling products.
- Understand and apply knowledge of Sales Representation agreements to ensure the accuracy of Sales Representatives assigned to each proposal
- Understand and apply customer payment term policies and guidelines
- Acquire, maintain, and use knowledge regarding market conditions and competitive situations; integrate knowledge into cost estimates and pricing strategies
- Collaborate with Proposal Engineers, the Inside Sales Manager, and the VP, Sales and Customer Service by presenting recommendations to implement pricing strategy
- Perform customer follow-up as required.
- Achieve or exceed the targeted Standard Gross Margin Dollars and strategic growth goals for each product
- Assist with proposal preparation and order fulfillment for ASKO’s other product offerings.
- Assist with Scrap and Recycling product inventory management.- Perform other duties as assigned.
College degree preferred
A positive attitude and an ability to work with a sense of urgency
Desire to seek a deep understanding of assigned tasks
Skills and Abilities:
Skill in establishing rapport on the telephone and through email
Strong desire to engage with the customer
Strong user of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Strong user of Syteline, ERP/MRP, Order Entry, or Purchasing systems
Excellent organization and communication skills
Ability to execute multiple assignments in parallel
Ability to work as part of a team to maximize customer satisfaction
Superior attention to detail
A pleasant & professional communication style
Positive attitude, ethics, and international values which support our company's values and a healthy, high performance culture.